Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Lion Within one-liner

Once again, I'm working on my pitch for my YA novel. I have entered a couple of contests, not following the rules lately, needless to say nothing will probably come of any of it. After my last conference critique I'm changing my plot --again. The pitch seems to be easier to write after I mapped out my revisions. It is still rough because heaven forbid I get it right on the eighty-th try.

Worse than being attacked by a super-natural lion and becoming part-feline, 15 year old Renna must attend high school in Wisonconsin, still unable control her inner beast, she must lie and kill to finally tame her lion within.


On a different note, I'm starting to work hard on my illustrations for my next picture book. I received great feedback from my publisher and his designer and I'm excited to move forward with more purpose.

4 comments:

Angelica R. Jackson said...

Very nice! I would add one word:

Worse than being attacked by a super-natural lion and becoming part-feline, 15 year old Renna must attend high school in Wisonconsin, where, still unable control her inner beast, she must lie and kill to finally tame her lion within.

See you next meeting!

Christina Mercer said...

Love the Pitch!! Just take out the extra "on" in Wisconsin. lol ;-))

Angelica R. Jackson said...

I totally didn't even see that miss-spelling, LOL! That's why we have more people check our stuff.

I'm having to redo my whole query, SO not looking forward to that.

RAD - Dot Painter said...

yeah! awesome comments! Thank you soooo much. I hope you had a great walk!