Saturday, October 26, 2013

Falling Leaves - celebrating the changing season with art

My favorite part of the workshops happens after everyone leaves and I'm left to stare at the creations. Don't judge:) I mean the statement in the best possible way.

During a workshop I get caught up in the intensity and energy in the classroom as students work on their pieces. I love it. And then when it becomes quiet and empty I organize the drying paintings and view them one at a time. It never fails. I'm repeatedly amazed at what is before me. Every piece is beautiful. Every artist shares a little bit of their magic and paints something only they could paint, and what a gift that I get, to witness that moment.

Acrylic - Fourth Grader

Acrylic - Eighth Grader

Acrylic - First Grader

Acrylic - Fourth Grader

Watercolor - Fourth Grader

Acrylic - Third Grader

Watercolor - Second Grader

Acrylic - Fourth Grader
Acrylic - Second Grader


Watercolor, Resistant - Fourth Grader

Acrylic - Fourth Grader 
Acrylic - Fifth Grader

Acrylic - Fourth Grader

Acrylic - Third Grader

No comments: