Saturday, September 12, 2009

Through Desert Eyes

I am almost 1/3 of the way done with my first draft of "Through Desert Eyes." I am so excited to be working on this project. I have narrowed down my choices for the species in the book and I am learning about each wonderful and unique species.

Of course as I learn about the species I am filled with sadness. But, it only motivates me more to continue educating kids about how each species has a purpose and write more books to help.

On our way home today, we drove through a neighborhood and saw a bobcat or lynx run across the street. I am not sure which is native to this area. It was beautiful and healthy, but I worry for it. This cat is surrounded by cars, houses and is near a school. It is only a matter of time that it disappears.

Habitat loss is such a key ingredient to the loss of a species. There are so many dependent on specific areas and once their home is gone, there is little hope for their survival.

No comments: