Sunday, December 6, 2009

SCBWI Exhibit - Off the Pages & Zoo Event

I must be brief, like that happens often for me! Ha! Crap it is 10 p.m., how did that happen?

Six of my paintings from my book are in the MAIYA Gallery in Sacramento, CA. The official opening will be celebrated this coming weekend, Dec. 12th at Second Saturday Artwalk. Last week on Dec. 3rd a holiday party for the SCBWI Northern CA group was held at the gallery. I had a blast and then lost my voice. So worth it!

My friend Mitty, from one of the critique groups I am in commented about the splendid affair on her blog. There are several other SCBWI Illustrators in the gallery for the exhibit.

Another spectacular event on Dec. 12th is the Animal Gift Opening at the Folsom Zoo Sanctuary. I am going to be doing a fundraiser for them:
- Dec. 12th
- 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.

I am going to raffle off the original Wolf painting from my children's book, "Through Endangered Eyes - a poetic journey into the wild." Raffle tickets will be sold for $5.00 each. The zoo will draw a name and contact the winner of the painting. I will be donating 100% of the raffle money back to the Folsom Zoo. I will also be available to sign my book:)

The event is a blast! The animals have their meals wrapped in boxes and they tear the boxes open for their food. They get so excited to use their natural instincts.

I went to the Folsom Zoo today to drop off some cards and prints to the gift shop and did my usual lap of the place. The tiger crouched down when I approached her enclosure and she wiggled her butt. I ducked down and hid behind a pole and then she jumped out at me with a peeeeswa! It was very cute. It's the second time she has tracked me as prey.

No comments: