Friday, September 10, 2010

Over-commited

I have a tendency to pile things on my plate. I am not sure why I have the urge to be busy. Perhaps it is so I can complain about how busy I am. Maybe I am more efficient when I'm busy because I don't have time to lolly-gag (gosh I love that word.)

All the things I have added to my life to keep me busy ultimately benefit a lot of people, including myself. Volunteering for my kid's classes. Teaching a kid's art club. Writing. Painting. Helping the local zoo. Graphic Design.

No matter how I cut it, I still go to bed too late; I long to read more; and I wish my toes were a priority to paint because all the other important stuff was achieved.

The one beautiful thing I can say about my life right now, that I honestly couldn't have said two years ago, I get to have my biggest chunks of time with my kids and I love it.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Rachel, I do the same thing too. I'm primarily a writer, working on two books for children. (See? right there, two books.) I also teach a volunteer art class, and am taking an art class. I also review children's books. But I do love it all, and feel blessed. I'd be hard pressed to give any of it up.