Saturday, March 19, 2011

Preparing to Speak

It was so funny, I was chatting with someone about my upcoming presentation at the National Art Educators Convention, and she said "you must be terrified to talk in front of all those people." I simply laughed and told her that I absolutely LOVE speaking in front of people.

I've had my fair share of embarrassing moments being up in front of people, yet I've always been compelled to go back to the "stage." In middle school I sang solos, and one performance I was clearly not as good as the other soloists so I stomped off the stage in a huff. Needless to say, I don't stomp off stages anymore and did have the chance to sing again in front of an audience in college.

As long as I know what I'm talking about when I'm speaking, I'm okay.

No comments: