Monday, June 8, 2020

The Spider's Song...completed

Between working full-time, being a mom, freelancing, and writing my novel, I haven't been able to blog much for years. On Mother's Day/my birthday this year, I typed the most beautiful words to a writer--THE END. It was a gift. With the help of critiques and beta-readers, I wrapped up THE SPIDER'S SONG feeling the highs and lows of the journey. I fell in love with my characters and enjoyed their world while the pandemic swirled outside our windows.

My 85,000-word young adult novel has been cathartic to write. The beauty of being the director of a story that has some personal truth to it is I get to change the ending. I get to craft what I would have loved to happen in my life and relationships and in a way it's healing.

Here is the pitch I've been working on that I plan to use in my query letters for my first round of agent submissions.


Most people would rather die than give a speech, but they get by and do it anyway. If you’ve got glossophobia though, speaking in front of others is like Death whispering in your ear, causing you to freeze, or throw up, or faint. Charlotte Reed, a freshman in high school, has glossophobia. It’s not only caused her to feel abnormal; it’s shattered her dream of singing on Broadway. It was going to happen; everyone told her so, everyone but her mom, who, for some reason, hates when she sings. Four years and three psychiatrists after being diagnosed, Charlotte can’t even stand up in class to introduce herself without severe consequences. She’s completely given up on singing outside the shower until her Aunt Jess, straight out of prison, moves in with them and tosses the stable, quiet Reed home upside down. The last thing Charlotte expects is for her mysterious, tatted aunt to be the one that offers to help her sing again.


Image by Benjamin Balazs from Pixabay 

2 comments:

online erectile dysfunction prescription said...

Hello there, I found your web site by the use of Google whilst searching for a similar topic, your site got here up, it appears to be like good. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
Hi there, just became aware of your blog via Google, and found that it is truly informative. I'm going to watch out for brussels. I'll appreciate if you happen to proceed this in future. A lot of other folks will likely be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

impotence said...

I wanted to thank you for this fantastic read!! I definitely loved every bit of it. I've got you bookmarked to look at new stuff you post…