Saturday, August 8, 2009

The fun of submitting to agents

It takes a lot of time and energy to submit to agents, as well as publishers. I am going to exhaust my agent list before I start submitting to publishers. Last night I submitted to Larsen-Pomada Literary Agency. I have 2-4 more that seem to fit my genre that I will submit to in the next couple of days.

Each agent requests information differently. Some only want a query. Others may want ten pages, plus a synopsis. Their response times also differ. I submit to multiple since I know the chance of rejection is high and everything takes a lot of time. I guess I am trying to increase my chances for my book to get picked up.

Once I have submitted to the agents and I am waiting for responses, I will start working on my next endangered species book again. I have also started to brainstorm a humorous book for 3-5 year olds. Of course, the YA and the humorous board book will have to have different publishers. It all keeps me on my toes.

No comments: